In his testimony earlier than the U.S. Senate, Dr. Anthony Fauci warned of bleak outcomes from easing COVID-19-related restrictions. The excellent news is, based on the New York Instances, Indiana’s reopening plan is counting on science. So what do we all know in regards to the virus at this level? And what does all of it imply about how we have to proceed?
Listed here are just a few of the information that stay most essential to know proper now, together with among the newer findings which have emerged from persevering with analysis into the virus:
- The virus lives within the air for as much as three hours and on plastics so long as three days. Cardboard? 24 hours. So let that borrowed jigsaw puzzle sit for a day earlier than digging in.
- Signs sometimes seem inside two weeks of publicity and embody cough, fever, shortness of breath, and lack of style and odor.
- Eight vaccine candidates are in improvement and one is in section 1 of scientific trials. Spring 2021 can be earliest any of those the can be obtainable, if all goes nicely.
- You possibly can (and may) safely donate blood, even now.
- Plasma transfusions that embody antibodies from recovered sufferers appear to assist new sufferers recuperate sooner.
- Go forward and swim (alone). The virus appears to not be transmitted by means of water. And whenever you’re lounging post-swim, don’t fear about mosquitos. These suckers have little to advocate them, however no less than they don’t unfold COVID-19.
- Working towards protected intercourse all the time is smart—however now it’s much more essential than ever. The virus lives in sperm even after the affected person has recovered. So for those who and your companion are discovering all this free time means attractive time, condoms are essential.
- Carrying a masks doesn’t hold the virus out a lot because it retains you from spreading it when you have it. (Kinda like whenever you pee your pants. No, actually.)
- Drink espresso, not bleach—and be super-careful with all of the disinfectants which can be a part of our lives now. Poisoning deaths have risen due to misuse of cleansing provides.
- Nobody expects you to write down an opera when you’re sheltering in place. Staying sane is problem sufficient.
The put up Coronasmarts: What we all know proper now about COVID-19 appeared first on Hancock Regional Hospital.