When Hancock Well being got down to make well being attainable for our group, we have been eager about way more than combating illness, therapeutic damaged bones, and even bringing new life into the world. We have been additionally eager about Hancock County’s psychological well being.
That’s as a result of we knew our pals and neighbors wanted assist, and the statistics proved it:
- One in 4 American adults, and one in 5 youngsters, dwell with psychological sickness.
- Indiana ranks second within the nation for suicide makes an attempt amongst younger folks.
- 65 % of Hancock County youth report figuring out somebody who has had critical ideas of suicide.
- Indiana ranks fifth within the U.S. for states with the worst drug issues.
“Because it stands now, we’re underserving for psychological well being and substance abuse. However after we put money into packages to deal with these issues, we assist our communities change into rather a lot stronger,” stated Dr. DeLynn Williams of Hancock Counseling and Psychiatric Companies. “I believe lots of people assume psychological well being is a selection or substance abuse is a selection. However we all know that some folks have greater ranges of genetic and organic predisposition, so these items should be handled.”
Enter Hancock Well being Basis’s marketing campaign to make a distinction in our group. Our objective is to boost $3.5 million to construct the psychological well being and substance use therapy capability we have to assist our rising group. We want extra professionals. Extra therapy choices for extra folks. And extra capability to fund the packages our group desperately wants.
Funds raised might be used for:
- Quickly connecting sufferers with care by including 10 licensed scientific social employees, plus a brand new psychiatrist, a psychiatric nurse practitioner, and different employees.
- Dramatically growing our capability to offer particular person and group remedy—and add medication-assisted therapy.
- Including two restoration and psychological health-focused navigators to assist sufferers and household select therapy choices, determine and overcome boundaries, and keep on a path to wellness.
- Growing our capability to evaluate psychological well being and substance abuse issues and direct sufferers to the appropriate care.
- Creating youth packages, together with school-based prevention and early intervention and therapy providers.
Proper now, Hancock Well being Basis has an endowment holding $2.6 million to assist pay for this program, however funding ongoing operations would require the extra $3.5 million we are attempting to boost. Funds will go to the endowment to make sure the monetary stability of this system in perpetuity.
“Too many individuals are falling by the cracks as a result of psychological well being has been very low down on the listing for getting funding,” stated Dr. Melinda Cobb, additionally of Hancock Counseling and Psychiatric Companies. “That is an effort to deal with that.”
With out extra therapy choices, the group pays for the issue in numerous and extra tragic methods, added Williams.
“If we don’t spend what we have to on psychological well being, then we now have greater crises in faculties, long-term hospitalizations, residential therapy, burials, and different varieties of points—so we’re going to pay for it a technique or one other,” stated Williams. “I believe we’re a greater society if we pay for it on the sooner finish.”
And that’s what we’re making an attempt to do at Hancock Well being Basis. If this marketing campaign is one thing you’d like to assist fund instantly, thanks for donating now. Or in case you’d like extra info, take a look at our web site, obtain our brochure or name the muse workplace at 317-468-4583.
Dr. DeLynn Williams and Dr. Melinda Cobb have places of work at Hancock Counseling and Psychiatric Companies, 120 W. McKenzie Street in Greenfield. They are often reached at 317-468-6200.
The publish Hancock Well being Basis: Making Psychological Well being Potential appeared first on Hancock Regional Hospital.