Every serving of this pad Thai is bulked-up with further veggies like matchstick carrots, snap peas and scallions. Search for whole-grain brown rice pad Thai noodles so as to add an extra three grams fiber to every serving.
Makes four servings
- eight ounces pad Thai rice noodles, ideally brown rice noodles
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- ¾ pound lean floor beef
- 2 cups stringless snap peas
- 2 cups matchstick carrots
- ½ cup chopped scallions
- ½ cup pad Thai sauce
- Chopped peanuts, for garnish
- Lime wedges, for garnish
Lively time 20 minutes
Complete time 20 minutes
- Convey a pot of water to a boil over excessive warmth. Add noodles and cook dinner for two minutes lower than bundle instructions. Drain, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid.
- In the meantime, warmth oil in a big nonstick skillet over medium-high warmth. Add beef and cook dinner, crumbling with a picket spoon till browned, four to five minutes. Add snap peas, carrots and scallions and cook dinner, stirring usually, till the peas are shiny inexperienced, 2 to three minutes.
- Add Thai sauce, the noodles and about half of the reserved cooking liquid; stir with tongs to coat. Scale back warmth to medium-low and simmer, including extra of the reserved cooking liquid to moisten if obligatory. Cook dinner, stirring sometimes, till the greens are crisp-tender, 2 to three minutes longer. Serve scorching, sprinkle with chopped peanuts and lime wedges, if desired.
© Meredith Company. All rights reserved. Used with permission.